Children should always be supervised when wearing any necklace. Choking or strangulation concerns are valid fear and must be addressed for any necklace.
Proper safety precautions should be taken with any necklace, necklaces (amber or otherwise) should not be worn overnight or be used if children fidget and grab at them constantly or chew on them. While any beaded necklace can be a potential choking hazard, our amber teething necklaces are safety knotted between each bead so only one bead will come loose if the necklace is broken. The beads are also small enough that if swallowed, they do not pose has a choking hazard and are non-toxic. Strangulation from a necklace is very rare. The risk of strangulation from window blind cords or purse straps is far higher.
Removing an amber teething necklace at night and closely supervising your child while they wear it will erase the majority of possible safety hazards.